A fantastic opportunity exists within Valley Seeds in a Business Manager position as a permanent full-time role. This position will cover areas from the Hunter Region, NSW to Albury NSW and Gippsland and Goulburn Valley in Vic. On offer is a great working culture and rewards within an established business.
As the Business Manager, you will be responsible for managing and expanding the commercial relationship with retailers, as well as key relationships with end-user customers and industry partners to achieve long-term growth in line with Company objectives.
This will include identifying, prospecting and onboarding new partners to distribute their products as well as working with internal technical support resources and the operations team to support the end-users of their products.
You will represent Valley Seeds at industry events and lead presentations about their products and services where appropriate.
The role offers exposure to a wide variety of tasks associated with the sales generation and administration of the business and includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying specific customer needs where the business can provide effective solutions
- Expanding the existing Company network with farmers, farmer organisations, agronomists and related industry organisations promoting the business’s research program via demonstration and trial sites;
- New product introductions by working closely with the research and development, seed production and marketing agency leading the planning, development and implementation of phased launch plans from pre-launch to the first year of product growth;
- Developing & implementing key account plans for key customers/groups including sales targets, promotional plans, trading agreements, field days and other activities to deliver sales and gross margin targets;
- Monthly reporting of sales, margin and promotional spend vs plan supported with recommendations where necessary to realign forecasts to meet targets through the sales and operations monthly process.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Exceptional communication skills along with maturity and initiative
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Be a self-motivated individual who can build relationships both internally and externally;
- Possess an adaptable nature, and is open to change and new technologies.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in pasture seeds and pasture agronomy highly desirable
- Exceptional communication and presentation; along with confidence and a self-starting attitude
- Strong IT skills across all Microsoft packages and be technically minded to learn internal ERP systems.
- An attractive salary in addition to an exciting and supportive working environment are on offer for the successful candidate, where commitment and results are rewarded in a friendly and flexible team.
To apply or for further information please submit the form below and upload your resume or contact Olivia on 0407394406.